Tuesday, February 26, 2013

French Class Update: Nationalities

First, I realized that there aren't 30 students in my French class.  I thought I heard the teacher say 29 at one point, but I must have misunderstood.  But that's why I'm in French class, right?

It's more like 22-23ish.

Today (day 4), there were 21 of us in class, and we learned how to say our nationalities/countries of origin in complete sentences.   Here's what I caught - I missed one or two, but this is pretty close:

United States
Afganistan (2)
India
Indonesia (2)
Germany (2)
Spain
Ukraine
Denmark (2)
Hungary
Bulgaria
Bosnia (2)
Portugal
Poland
Latvia
Turkey

A room with 21 people, 15 countries represented.  That, my friends, is Luxembourg for you.

P.S.  Je viens des Etats-Unis.  Je suis américaine.

2 comments:

Fiona Lynne said...

It's one of the things I love most!

Sabel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.