Sunday, July 25, 2010

Old News - Part 1

The problem with blogging is that you should really try to keep posting blogs.

Or else, when you don't, it just backs up and becomes sort of oppressive, just one more thing on that endless to-do list that never gets any shorter. For whatever reason, I haven't felt inspired to keep this thing up lately. I don't know how those bloggers who post one every day do it. Doesn't it become a chore after awhile? I follow a handful of blogs who's authors post daily. Inevitably, there comes a time when you go to their page only to find something like, "I'm finding myself in need of some gentle quiet, so excuse me while I step away for just a couple of days" or, "Hey, this is (blogger's name)'s spouse. (Blogger's name) needs a break and will be back on Friday. " You wonder if the poor blogger is just curled up in the fetal position somewhere, caving under the blog-a-day-self-imposed pressure. Poor things, why should they need to make an excuse?

But let's not get all depressing. The best thing to do in these cases is just to plow forward and hope the inspiration follows later. Yes? Yes.

So, I bring to you: Old News - In An Undetermined Number Of Parts.

These pictures were from who the heck knows when, sometime in June, before Pete went to China. Family golf outing. It's what we do, so it's been blogged before. So it's doubly old news. Not going to feel lame about it. No fetal position for me!




(fyi: scooping the ball out of the hole by pulling up the flag = best part of mini golf for a kid)


No comments: