Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Daphne's 1st Haircut

I'll just apologize right now: you are about to be bombarded with an excessive number of pictures of Daphne's 1st haircut. Every once in awhile, as a parent, you just get sort of extra-overwhelmed by the cuteness factor. This was one of those times for me.

Anyway, Daphne had grown herself what can only be described as a mullet. Giving her a bath last night (the hockey hair is more pronounced when wet) I decided it was time for the bottom to come up a bit to meet the top.

We went to Little Clippers in Lake Oswego. Who knew a haircut could be such a magical experience?

Her stuffed dog, Cruncher, came along for moral support.









And finally, nothing says you're a parent more than seeing this in your rear-view mirror:

4 comments:

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

That last shot takes the cake! What a great place in LO! Her new cut is really cute.

ptitteri said...

Thanks for the pics hon, I am so sad that I missed Daphne's first haricut :( hopefully I'll be there for James'!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics, Rosie. You're following in your Dad's footsteps - and his Dad's, too. "Upholding the Holman name."

Anonymous said...

What a good time seeing the zoo and the haircut! Wow! I especially love the picture in the rearview mirror! How often I have seen something similar.