Thursday, October 9, 2008

Gymnastics

From the time I was pregnant with Daphne, as I'm sure most prospective parents do, Pete and I wondered what she would be "in to" as a child and even an adult. Sports? Art? Dance? *gulp* Cheerleading? *huge gulp from Pete* Basketball? (You can ask him about that one).

It turns out the thing she's shown the most interest in (besides food) since she became a toddler is hanging and swinging--from bars, trees, arms, tables, handles and whatever else she can wrap her little hands around. I'd been considering signing her up for a little gymnastics class when I stumbled upon a gym just a mile or two away from our house. She's been in class for 3 weeks now--there are just 3 kids in her group, ages 2 1/2 to 3. It's as much about taking turns and following directions as it is about developing strength, coordination, and flexibility, but I think it's going to be really good for her. I can already see improvement in all those areas. And judging from the stock she comes from on both sides, she gonna need all the flexibility help she can get!

Here are a couple pictures...unfortunately, the lighting in the building isn't great for pictures.





Her favorite part, of course: getting a stamp at the end of class!

No comments: